2015 Eat Smart in Turkey Culinary Tour Details
FOR A MINIMUM OF 8 PARTICIPANTS; A MAXIMUM OF 11 PARTICIPANTS
Prices per person in Double room $3,150.00. Single supplement $550.00.
• Accommodation in Istanbul, Bodrum, Izmir and Cappadocia (all double rooms, including breakfast)
• Domestic flights in Turkey: Istanbul / Bodrum, Izmir / Kayseri, Kayseri / Istanbul
• All bus transfers: Istanbul, Bodrum, Izmir and Cappadocia
• All airport transfers and group transfers
• Land transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
• Professional English speaking guide throughout the tour
• Services of Joan Peterson, tour leader and Susan Chwae, assistant tour leader
• Entrance fees to museums and historical sites: Süleymaniye Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapı Palace (& Harem and Kitchen),
Underground Cistern, Kos tour and visit on the Island, Ephesus, Özkonak Underground City and Uchisar Fortress, Zelve, Göreme.
• All lunches and dinners, unless specified: Sultanahmet Köftecisi (L), Akdeniz Hayat Sofrası (D), Chef ’s Table cooking school (L), Diver Karadeniz Mutfağı (D), Güllüoglü Baklava Factory (Br), Marina Yacht Club (D), Kos Island Limionas
Restaurant (L), Bodrum Private Dinner with Slow Food Members (D), Değirmen (L), Urlice (D) Somine (D), Lil’a (L), Aravan (L), Farewell dinner at hotel Les Maisons(D).
• Cooking class in Istanbul
• Tour and tasting at the Güllüoglü Baklava Factory
• Bosphorus cruise with private boat including private stop at Kanlıca (or best possible pier)
• Cooking classes at Lil’a Cappadocia and Les Maisson de Cappadoce
• 1 Soft drink, tea and coffee during lunch and dinner
• Bottled water (available on the motor coach and at lunch and dinner)
• Copy of culinary guidebook, Eat Smart in Turkey, by Joan Peterson
• Tips for the porters at the hotels and airport
• Tips for the wait staff
Optional services not included in the price:
• Balloon Trip on Oct 8. Price per person: $ 230 (including transfers)
• Entrance ticket at Bodrum Castle and Underwater Archeological Museum
Services not included:
• International flights for the participants
• Alcoholic drinks during lunch and dinner
• Tips for driver and guide
TRIP INSURANCE: It is highly recommended that all participants purchase travel insurance. If you wish to purchase travel insurance, you may go to www.travelexinsurance.com for details and to purchase.